(o´▽`o)ノ Final Video Blog

FINAL VIDEO BLOG

Today I'm going to be writing about the work I've done in my video course! It's been a long while since I posted, but I hope this is a sufficient explanation of all my work! I'll begin by talking about my projects, my time management skills, strengths and weaknesses, what I learned from our guest speakers, and my current role in our feature film!

iPhone Commercial


We made this video to fulfill the requirements of a commercial assignment! We had to create a commercial for a product of our choice, and we had to do so creatively and collaboratively. If I'm remembering correctly, we had about 2 or 3 weeks to complete this project. There were a few challenges that came up during production, such as our director and cinematographer being very busy and unable to make it to a lot of our filming days, the fact that I never fully completed our storyboards, and the music being switched at the last minute, but despite all of these obstacles we successfully created an iPhone commercial. Along the way I learned more about how to work well with others, as well as how to take the initiative in a group setting. Some feedback we were given was that we needed to use a different song, which I agree with because while I was sick on our last day of post-production, the song I had originally chosen got switched for a repetitive tone. We fixed this in re-editing by switching the songs back, but unfortunately that version was never published. Overall I'm very proud of the ned product and how my team and I grew closer.

Music Video


This video, definitely the one I am most proud of, is a music video set to King Princess's song "Talia.". It is a song that Sophia, who was both director and an actor, chose, and I am very glad she did. This project took about two weeks, and our group finished it in a very timely manner. While we had very few challenges with this video, some of the ones that we had were working around our entire team's schedule. Along the way I learned that filmmaking is so much better when you're with people you enjoy and you can have fun with it. Some feedback we were given was to make the music video more "school appropriate," because some viewers were not a fan of the sheer amount of lesbian energy that this music video radiates. We didn't change anything about that, because lesbians have and always will be school appropriate. I love this film, the cinematography and the art direction is just beautiful and I'm so thankful for my team and their hard work.

Short Film


Our short film is a kind of vlog, meant to be a parody of a horror film from the perspective of an average teenage youtube star. It took us about three weeks, and we were the first group to complete it! One thing that challenged us during this project was trying to find actors and actresses, because our roles were difficult ones to fill, and our original actors and actresses were unable to be a part of the production. But besides that issue, our production went incredibly smoothly and was what I would call a success! Along the way I learned that sometimes, giving the actors artistic liberty can turn your film into something incredible. Some feedback we were given was to fix our credits because we did a bass-boosting funny scene, but according to our critics, it took away from the overall cinematography of our film, and in our re-edit by Miles Todd, we took it out and made our end-credits more sleek. Overall I really enjoy this film and I loved the team that I worked with- Sophia again, and Miles, We make kinda a dream team and I love how our production turned out.

Time Management

I am very bad at time management, all things considered. During class, I try to work on things that contribute to class, but I am very easily distracted and I get off-task easily. When I finish projects, I work on projects that are correlated to the central projects such as fanart, research, or even editing. Outside of class I do supplementary projects that enhance my skills as a filmmaker and creator, such as a film I did for our local MLK multimedia competition, or compilations of videos of and for my friends.

Strengths

The strengths I have as a video student and creator are my artistic eye, innovative ideas, and my editor skills. I maximize my skills by actively attempting to get put in the position of art director or any related jobs for projects and productions that I'm a part of.

Weaknesses

There are areas in which I need to improve and things that I am not good at. I am not a great leader, tending to be better at following and being a supplementary student. I am good at following directions, but not at giving them, and I am working on that by taking on more tasks for our feature film.

Comments

Popular Posts